Sunday 1 April 2012

Sunday Lazy Sunday

I had a lazy day today, the Hostess popped over after 11:00 am and I had not even managed to have breakfast yet. We chatted and then she scooted off to parts unknown doing errands and being productive. I made breakfast and lazed about until just after 12:00 pm then I decided to do at least one or two productive things.

I did laundry, fixed the curtain on the pantry cupboard, (it was too much curtain, too many ruffles), emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher and knit for most of the afternoon. Then I got my preshuzz new toy out of the box and made this, a Paula Deen Sour Cream Pound Cake. Its yummy.

I will be taking it to work tomorrow because if it stays in the house I will consume the entire thing and I do not need all that Paula Deen butter taking root on my butt. I have taste tested it and I will be definitely making this cake again. Quick easy and yummy. Three of my favourite things. I have to admit I felt very Martha Stewartish as I had my mixer whirring away and I was adding ingredients and it all came out lovely. I love to bake and having this machine makes it all the more fun.

I also see the machine has attachments that you can purchase like a pasta maker. Oh this could be a whole new world!! I cannot keep calling it "the machine" its so much more than that. I will call her Martha!! Oh the things we will make and joy we will bring.

One four day week to work and then I am off again for 10 days. Easter will be spent with Miss Mouse and the Farmer. Its been a while since I have been to their house so I am looking foreward to it. I will travel up on Friday and head back here on Monday. The Pilot is going to be there too as well as Busy and the Carpenter. The usual crowd. The Historian and his gang will be doing their own thing as per usual.

Have a good week!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment