Saturday 21 April 2012

When the Heck did it Turn Into Saturday

Man, I blinked and suddenly its Saturday. I intend to try and blog once a day but when the week zooms by like a demented squirrel, these things don't happen. I continue to pave the highways and byways in hell with my good intentions.

I am still painting on the spare bedroom. It was the plan to complete the trim this day but that has not happened. I did get the primer on most of the room but that was it for the trim. The headboard is completely repainted and so is the little night table. I have a second coat of red paint on the jelly cabinet but because its red, it will need at least four coats. I have lots of touch ups to do in that room.

Plain and simple, I am a-scared of heights. I do not like to climb a ladder, it turns me into a puddle of blubbering jello. So I tend to  stand on a little stool which means I am not high enough to really see what I am doing and I miss some spots. SO because I have nothing but time to redo what I should have done correctly in the first place I scratched my head and thought and considered, then I found a chair that I can stand on. This way with my little stool I can get up on to the chair and be high enough to fix my flubs whilst tricking myself into not thinking I am that high off the floor.  Problem solves so now this will be the plan for tomorrow, flub fixin' and trim paintin'. I want to get my room back together and not have to be dancing around furniture all over the upstairs.

The mess in my house is reaching critical mass and needs to be dealt with before my head blows off and I end up in little bits all over the crap explosion that used to be my home. I seem to be constantly cleaning but I think all I am really doing is moving the mess from one room to the next and back again.:-) I will learn, one day I will learn. Its so much fun trying to be all grown up and responsible.

I managed to help a friend with some sewing tonight in trade for a pizza supper. It was yummy and we got four banner made for her son's play. I was happy to be able to help. I also managed to get the curtains for her son's room cut off and hemmed for her. We had a nice visit while I bound banners and she made tassells. I thing they will make the play, I really do.

I hear my knitting calling me so I am going to go and knit while I finish the mountain of laundry I have. I have not washed clothes for a couple of weeks and it does pile up. Thank goodness for automatic machines.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment