Thursday 12 April 2012

progress update

Right now I am killing time waiting for the hours to pass so I can put the final coat of colour on the red bedroom. Its gone from mottled mauve/grey shiny wallpaper to a soft gray paint. It needs 6 hours to dry so I am puttering until I can slap that last coat on and the walls will be done. I am an impatient soul so I will give you a sneak peek

This is the before, whoever put up this wallpaper did not match the blotches so you can see every strip of paper in person. I had high hopes that the cream trim would be ok to go with the new paint because I do not like to paint trim. The writing was on the wall when I started to move the furniture out of there, it needed to be painted. It was badly chipped in several places. I ignored it and carried on singing lalalalala with my fingers in my ears so I could not hear it yelling at me that it needed painting as well.

Well I can't ignore it any more. Here is the room with just one coat of paint and it looks blotchy but that is because its not totally dry. The soft cream trim now looks a horrid peach colour and I see trim painting in my future. A nice crisp white will look fabulous!! I have run out of primer so the project will be delayed until pay day comes around and I can get some primer. Unless I can find some left overs but I really think I have used it all.

Now I have to figure out what to paint the headboard, night table and wardrobe. All of which are a pale cream and may look funny with the gray. White maybe, a very pale pale version of the wall colour. I have no idea. I know I won't use black or red because that may just be too much. Maybe the night table could be black, no, I don't like that idea. ARRRGH!!!! I need to call in some other opinions, I cannot make this one come together in my mind.

Moving on. I managed to get the center portion of the kingsized quilt finished. I quilted inbetween coats of paint yesterday. No I just have to add the sections onto it to make it king sized. I am going to be so glad to get this done.

I have managed to get the kitchen tidied up and right now I am in mid tidy of the craft room. I took a wee break to blog. The biggest problem in my craft room is my amazing ability to not put things away when I am done with them. I have had this talent since childhood, if my Mom was alive she could tell you all about it. So things stack and pile until there is two square inches of work space left, then I have at it an clear the stuff away. I am also astounded at how quickly the magazines can pile up in this house. I have a zillion of them and I thought I was on top of them. I need to get looking at them and then move them on.

Well I really should get back at it. I have one more counter to clean off and then I can declare this room tidied. Once that is done I can sit and knit until its time to paint again. Oh yes and I can reward myself with a nice cup of tea. I really do like being at home.

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment