Sunday 8 April 2012

More Changes of Plans

While I had planned to spend the day quilting, it never happened. I did not lift a needle. Well I lifted knitting needles but not a quilting needle. I just could not get in the groove to do it so I didn't try. If I had most likely things would have gone badly. Tomorrow is another day!!. Today was spent knitting and watching tv. Do you notice a pattern developing here???

I had my usual lovely Sunday morning, slept late, big breakfast, I did go out and run a couple of errands. I needed batteries, its horrible when the remote will not work no matter how many times you push the buttons. I also popped in on the Hostess. She is not feeling well. It's no fun to be not feeling well and be on your own. I did not stay long so she could rest.

I came home, started the mountain of laundry that I had waiting to be dealt with. Sheets, towels and dishcloths, clothes and some other odds and ends. I actually really like to do laundry. Its gratifying, you get quick results. You sort, wash, dry, fold and put away. It gives you a sense that you have actually done something. You see the results of your work.

While the washing sloshed and chugged in the machine, I knit away on another scrap afghan for donation. I also managed to get the personal grooming pouches sewn up. I have 15 of them ready to had their cords attached and be filled with stuff. Then Minou and I napped on the couch for awhile.

Seeing as today is Easter Sunday, I indulged in the traditional meal of ham and scalloped potatoes. It was yummy. There will be greek yogurt and strawberries for desert later with a nice cup of tea. The evening will be rounded off with me snuggled in my new sheets watching some Downton Abbey. Not a bad day if you ask me. I still am missing my family but that is how I am.

Tomorrow I will get the paint for the spare bedroom and I have to go to Walmart for cat food. Plus we have some babies coming at the office and I need to get some supplies to make a couple of blankets. I now know the colours I want to use for one of them. Thank goodness women talk, I found out what I needed to know with out having to ask too many questions.

Time to go fold sheets.

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment