Sunday 29 April 2012

Are You Ready For This, Are You Hanging On The Edge of Your Seat?

Finally finally finally the red bedroom redo is finished and I have some pictures to share. Lets take a spin round the room with before and after pictures shall we.

Ok starting in the right corner and working our way to the right
First stop, here is the before:

Cream coloured furniture and mottled shiny wall paper in which none of the blobs were matched so you could see each panel of paper.

Now we have lovely grey walls and the furniture is painted white. 
100 percent improvement.

Until I saw this picture I did not realize there was WAY to much curtain on the wardrobe thingy. Its a plywood box but I hang winter coats in it and hide boxes in it so its a wardrobe.

I took one panel off and I think it looks much better.

I love this little jelly cupboard. 
I bought it at Eatons years ago and I cannot part with it. 
I have no other space for it but
 the blue and white does not really go with the rest of the room.
It fits in better now.

Here you can see the cream trim that I did not want to paint but I had to. 
Against the grey paint it looked peach and just had to go.

White trim looks a million times better. 
Even the light switch got a slap of white paint.

Cross stitched family portraits that I made for my Mom years ago.
Actually a lot of things in this room cam from my Mother's house. 

They look so much better on a freshly painted wall. 

So there it is, all done and dusted. I am beat but I am ticked pink to have it 
all finished and back in order.
My bedroom is next on the list to be done.
That will only leave the entry and upstairs hallway the only space that is how the house 
was when I bought it 6 years ago.

Time for lunch and time for a nap!!
Then on with the rest of the "to do" list.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment