Monday 30 April 2012

How Do You Start ???

Ms Minou declined to have a Monday photo today. Madame is not feeling like being photogenic so she has retired to her rooms on the upper floor and is in seclusion.
I said no pictures Mama!!

I am trying to blog more so this will be a quick post before I go and do some finishing touches on some puppets that a co-worker expressed interest in purchasing. I am also doing laundry and trying to keep an eye on Dancing With the Stars, cleaning up from supper and doing the finishing touch ups to the house for book club on Wednesday. Its supper that has me fussing again. I spent another evening trying to figure out what to eat and ended up slapping something together instead of actually making a decent meal.

I am seriously thinking about starting to do a weekly menu plan, or maybe be two weeks. I have been thinking about this for some time.  I am ashamed at the amount of food that gets thrown out of this house. Its a sin and a shame, that is what it is. Not to mention that I am trying to be on a budget, and live a simpler healthier life.

My problem is I am not sure how to start. I rarely know what I want for supper on any given night let alone for six nights in a row. (Friday nights are No Cook ergo No Thought but I cannot eat out every night) I don't know where to start. I have been stewing about this for ages. I really think it will reduce the grocery bill, reduce the waste and reduce the bad eating habits. Perhaps healthier eating will become the easier way of doing things.

What I need to do is take some time, look through the eleventy gagillion cook books I own, find some new recipes and just do it. My goal is a weeks menu plan, with lunches being looked after by the leftovers. If I can get myself to actually sit down and do this, I hope to start this weekend. Its payday and that means groceries. I will start with one week and if I can create this habit, I will move onto two weeks.

Wish me luck as I take a hesitant step toward getting myself started on this. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment