Sunday 15 April 2012

Grateful for a Gloomy Day

When I went to bed last night, I had resigned myself to getting some yard work done today. I did no clean up last fall so the place is a bit of a mess. I had decided to at least get at the front yard, the one people see the most and get it looking respectable. So with that planned I went to sleep, well I did after I watched the last of season two of Downton Abbey. I am so sad I have watched it all, I want more!!! It was a lovely series, full of suprises.

I awoke this morning late as I like to on Sundays, decended to the main floor, fed Minou and then myself with a proper big Sunday morning breakfast, and then did a secret happy dance as it is rather gloomy and chilly out there this morning. I think its chilly, it looks chilly from in here and I am wont to keep my nose indoors and not bust that myth. So the yard work can wait to another day, I am staying inside today.

So far I have started to paint the furniture for the red room. I have the first coat on the night table, the head board, and the jelly cupboard. They are looking rather nice with their new white and red coats against the grey of the walls. I have also found some primer in my paint stash so I can get going on the base boards, but I may do that next weekend. I am not feeling like crawling around the room on my belly today.

I got some material yesterday to recover the throw cushions on my couch, its not quite right but I love it so much more than what is on there, So I am going to recover the cushions today.  Doing laundry and bagging up the garbage to take out tomorrow morning are all that are on my list to get done today. I will fill in the rest of the day with knitting and tv watching. I may even work a nap in there sometime. Tonight I am going to see the Artist with some friends.

Its back to work tomorrow and I am trying not to make a big sad deal out of it. Its not the end of the world, I do like my job and the people I work with, I just love my free time. Oh well, my cushions are calling me and I want to get at them. I will post pictures later.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment