Saturday 31 March 2012

My preshuzzz!!!! and other saturday stuff

Ok I admit to doing a little drunken monkey dance of joy. Look what I bought today. The universe decided that it was fed up to the back teeth with having to listen to me, covet, yearn for, dream about, drool over and basically ramble on to the point of hair pulling about wanting a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I am the only one in my family that does not have one (yeah I know, poor poor pitiful me), or was until Zellers decided to turn into Target and decided to start to sell off their inventory and had these babies on a really good sale. (Irun on sentence much?) Thanks to some puppet earned cash, this baby is mine, mine, mine.  I could not be happier. I have been fondling these darling machines in various stores for quite some time and now I have one. It was, I swear the only thing standing between me and my dreams of becoming a FABULOUS CHEF!!. (If this does not come to fruition it will be the fault of the mixer and will have nothing whatsoever to do with my cooking talents, thank you very much!! Just sayin')

 This mixer was meant for me, it came at a really good price, the store had four in stock when I went looking when they usually have only one when they have a sale like this and it's sold the instant the store doors open the first day of the sale. The only down side is it's silver. I would have rather had white but the white ones had a smaller motor size. I can live with silver. I may make a cake tomorrow just because I can mix in Martha Stewart style now. The fact that I should never, ever, ever have spent the money is neither here nor there.

So today is Saturday, I ran errands today, scooted all over town stocking up on butter. Limit of four does not stop me!! Pfft! I also made stop at my favourite butcher shop and stocked the freezer with a couple of tasty items. Then I came home and spent the majority of the rest of the day wrestling the kitchen back into looking like a kitchen. I also managed to get the stuff I rescued from the old car, sorted, purged, and stored back in the new car.

Garbage was bagged at last (due to the fact I finally managed to buy garbage bags) and hauled to the dumpster. All the recycling made the same journey out of the house to the recycle bin. Apparently this simple little job is overwhelming to me, I tend to put it off as long as humanly possible because the physical act of hauling the garbage out to the dumpster is the equal of a drug free root canal in my world. Why? I have no idea but I do struggle with it and usually have to make myself do it on threat of death. Happily the kitchen is fit for humans again. The dishwasher is chugging away and all is well with this portion of the house. The dining and craft rooms are another matter and they are a chore for another day.

For now I am going to dine on stuffed pork chops, hash brown casserole and a crisp green salad. Greek yogurt and strawberries for dessert. Then I will park my tired butt in the comfy chair, lament the fact that I cannot seem to find my ratty black sweater and knit while watching the Brit Coms on PBS. Where would I have put my ratty black sweater??? It has disappeared and I am not happy. You cannot be properly schlumpy without your ratty black sweater. Hmmph!!

I am going to start another scrap afghan that will eventually be donated to the local women's shelter. I have three made already!! Go Me!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment