Monday 9 April 2012

I Quilt Therefore I Am

Its been a lovely day here on the homestead, I spent the majority of it quilting on the Square Dance quilt. I finally got material for the backing and managed to get it going today. I have almost half the center section quilted. The center section is queen sized then I will be adding bits on to make the whole deal king sized. I do not have the frames not the room to do a king sized quilt in one big piece. So its a sectional quilt.

I was up and about in decent time today. I made the all important trip to get cat food and litter. Seeing to Madam's creature comforts is of the utmost importance in this house. I stopped at Home Depot and got the paint for the red bedroom. I will be posting pictures as it goes along. When I asked the man at Home Depot for oil based primer, he asked what I was painting over. I replied wallpaper, he said wallpaper? I said yes then he asked me if it was indoor or outdoor. Did I miss the memo where outdoor wallpaper became the fashion.???? I said indoor and he nodded wisely then trotted off to get my primer.

I am in agony over the trim colour. Right now its cream and I thought that would work with the grey walls. Now I am thinking its not going to. Three pieces of furniture in there are cream as well so if it does not work I will be painting a lot more than the walls. The trim could go white, a nice crisp white, that would look fab with the grey. Then what the heck to I paint the night stand, head board and wardrobe thingy?? ( calling it a wardrobe is really glorifying it beyond all proportions but calling a big tall wooden box seems a tad harsh. It is what I hammered together to hang clothes in when I lived in my previous place. Old house no closets) So do I use black, a darker shade of grey?? I have no clue. Red ........... no that would be too much. I could go white and then think about it later. I have no idea, its making my head ache. The room will be grey, black and red on the whole. I may have to consult some of my more stylish friends on this matter. Maybe the cream will be alright but I have a sinking feeling that its not the right shade.

So with my tooth aching, my head pounding I am going to head for bed and watch Dowton Abbey. Blessedly I have a dentists appointment tomorrow.

Toodles Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment