Saturday 7 April 2012

Change of Plans

Originally I was going to be in Speedy Creek this weekend, spending time with the relatives and enjoying the Easter weekend. HOWEVER, my car had other plans, the brakes need to be fixed and while my greatly trusted garage man said it would probably be ok to go, I figured I would have a nervous breakdown every time I stepped on the brakes.  I opted to stay put. So my family is whooping it up without me and I am here. So far I have managed to do little to nothing for the last couple of days. Feeling a tad sorry for myself, yes, but its not the end of the world and I am ok with my choice.

Today was the usual running about like a demented chicken, running errands and getting groceries. Then an afternoon of knitting and finally catching up on all the episodes of Coronation Street that I have taped but never get watched. No I am sitting here blogging stuffing my little face with mini eggs. (My Easter treat). The dryer is thumping away, drying my brand new sheets. I am rather excited about them.

When I got my new bed I bought 360 thread count sateen sheets on a very good sale. $25.00 for a set with two sets of pillow cases. I thought I had a perfect deal. I hate them. They slip and slide and skid off the bed and in general make me nuts. I tend to roll like a twitchy puppy at night so these are not working for me. Zellers is having sales right now so I zipped up there this morning to get some good old 180 percale sheets. Buy one get one free. They are in the dryer as we speak!! This makes me happy. I have high hopes they will stay put.

I tried to get a leaf mower/vacuum today, Canadian Tire $49.99  but true to form they only had a couple and they sold them on Thursday. So I used my Canadian Tire money to get myself a new frying pan and patch paint for the stairs instead. Its fun to get stuff with Canadian Tire money. Its like getting free stuff. It ticks off the people in the line behind you because you have a wad of money that would choke a horse and they have to count it. That's why I go early so the place is not overly busy. I did annoy the cashier though, I could tell from all the subtle eye rolling and sighing he did.  

Tomorrow I am going to start quilting on the Square Dance quilt. I am looking foreward to it. Quilting is one of my top 10 favourite things to do, and having an entire Sunday to devote to it will be nice.  Tonight I am think I am going to sew pouches. These pouches will be filled with personal grooming items for people who are traveling through our fair city and are down on their luck. I am trying to decide if I should line them or just use a heavier material.

On Monday I am going to get the paint to do the red bedroom. I am off this next week and I always like to do some DIY on my Easter vacation. I also need to do some yard work. Not only to I have leaves and flower beds to clean off I have have the neighbourhood's garbage blowing around my poor little yard. Ugh.
So Monday its Home Depot, then clean up the yard. The tulips and daffodils are already up, they deserve a clean yard to be born into.

Well I have snarfed down my frozen pizza, munched up the mini eggs, and I have run out of things to say, its time to get sewing!!

Toodles Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment