Friday 13 April 2012

Rainy Friday Thoughts

Its a dull, dreary, rainy Friday and its one of those types of days that I do not mind. Its a curl up on the couch with a book and a cup of tea and read away the afternoon. I could do that today but I think I may knit for awhile and watch some tv.

I was up early this morning and cooking. How the heck did that happen??? Well we were having a farewell pot luck lunch today for one of my co-workers so I was up and making Faux tatoes, or Twice Cooked Cauliflower. Its super easy, super good and does well in the crock pot. So I was up early after a crappy nights sleep and had that in the crock pot by 9:30 this morning. The I lazed about, drinking tea, eating breakfast and having a shower. Next thing I knew it was time to hit out for the lunch.

We have some fabulous cooks on our floor and our pot lucks are delicious. Loads of food, lots of fun and laughs. Its great. I am glad I went. I was tempted to stay home because I can be a bit of a hermit if I don't give myself a push now and then. I am glad I pushed myself. Once I was fed and watered, I treated myself to a trip to two thrift stores. I think I got a picture frame for a picture in my living room that sadly needs a bigger frame.  A few knitting needles and a basket and I am home again. I forgot to get lottery tickets. Crap.

Now I have No Cook Friday to look foreward to. The Banker and I are headed to the big city tomorrow for material shopping and a Costco run. Then Sunday and my holidays are done and its back to work.

I have decided that the furniture in the Red room will be painted white. So I have to check my paint supply and see if I have any oil based primer left over and any white paint. Then maybe I can get going on the furniture and trim for that room. Its gonna look so good when its done. The little basket I bought today is going to get painted red and it will be a storage basket for that room. The blue and white jelly cupboard that is in there is going to get a slap of red paint over the blue so it will fit in better. Then get the new quilt made and I can move onto planning up my bedroom.

So much to do!!!

I love it

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment