Wednesday 11 April 2012

Moving on

Whilst yesterday I felt like I was expected to hemorrhage money, today I have set those concerns aside and I have moved on to things I can deal with and control with little to no financial outlay. That would be because I have already put out the cash for the things I need. I have finally started to paint the spare bedroom or the "red" room.

This morning so far I have managed to move all the furniture out of the room except for the bed. My little crowded house has limited space and there is no where to put the bed so it will stay in the room and I will just have to work around it. There is a lot of stuff in that room, like every room in my house but amazingly it took less than an hour to yank the stuff out and stow it in the "green" room ( my room is blue, ain't I fancy???).

I am still struggling with the trim. The fact is I don't want to paint it, I do not like to paint trim but now that I have pulled the furniture away from the walls I can see how much it needs to be done. The sensible thing to do is to paint it now while all things are out of the room. I am thinking white will look best. Little Miss Crankypants, (who is one of my personalities), does not want to deal with it, wants to forget it and just do the walls. I am thinking that Miss Get On With It and Get Over It will win this argument and I will be painting the trim. Sigh. I hate painting trim. Its not like you see a lot of it anyway but it really does need to be done. Crap.

I am already plotting out the quilt I will make to use as new bed spread in there. The quilt that is on there now belonged to my Mom. I made it for her many years ago, it still looks nice but I want a change. Something lighter and brighter but still within the colour scheme of the room.

I am going to go quilt for an hour then I am headed back upstairs to start the painting.

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment