Saturday 12 May 2012

Weed Whacking Mayhem

Well maybe not mayhem but at long long last some yard work is taking place at the homestead. I actually got up this morning and headed straight outside. I cut down old dead plants from last year, I pulled weeds, I worked up the front flower beds and pulled more weeds. I planted marigold seeds, a test this year since we are having an early spring. I am hoping they start from seeds this year, it will save me a lot of money on plants. I discovered that in a fit of weed killing last year I manage to kill my dogwood bush but keep the weeds alive.WTF?????  My potentilla bush is dead as well from being transplanted then totally neglected. I will be replacing them this year.

I have plans for my yard and the work has just begun. I may share pictures once it gets to look like I want it to look. I did not get everything done today. I still have to mow the lawn and move a peony plant. Then dig out the dogwood and dig up the strip in front of my fence, between the sidewalk. Its hell to mow that spot and so I am thinking some nice ground cover will be a better idea, maybe something that flowers. I need to weed and feed, and plant more grass, too many weeds making their way into my grass.  I have yet to start on the back yard and I need to purge the shed. Lots of stuff to do, lots of ways to keep me out of trouble and very busy.

Last night was No Cook Friday, of course, and we tried out a new place in town. It was really good. Good food, not a big variety but good basic stuff. Well made and the homemade fries were perfect. They have fixed the place up with a black, white and grey scheme and it looks very nice. We all were full and it was not over the top as far as price. I was impressed and would go  back again. I have a burger and fries. I like burger and fries and I figure its hard to screw that up. The burger was homemade and one of those kind that you have to practically unhinge your jaw to bite into it. I have already mentioned the fries, crispy and homemade, yummy. Hopefully the business will take off. Its so hard to start a new place and this location is no the best one.

This afternoon, Teddy Bear and I went to the hospital to have a visit with the Hostess. She is in for the weekend with gall bladder troubles and is waiting for surgery which will not happen until her infection is under control. Poor girl, she is in some pain and things are not going how she had hoped but she is on her way to getting better. Our focus is that she will get her operation soon and be on the mend before she knows it. Once we visited her into sleepiness, we left and went for a quick coffee. Then I dropped Teddy Bear at her home and I came back to mine. The only other thing I want to accomplish today is clean the kitchen. The Nurse and her daughter The Entertainer are coming to stay next week for a few days and I need to have the place reasonable.

Tomorrow I am headed out of town with friends to an Antiques/Collectibles sale. I should be staying home and doing yard work or cleaning but I am not. I am going to have a fun day out with some lovely friends. I may even find some treasures to bring home.

Right now I need to make some supper, then attack the kitchen. Once the kitchen is done I can quilt,quilt, quilt. Its turning out to be a not bad weekend.


Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment