Wednesday 9 May 2012

Menu Planning and other Stuff

Ok, Its still the first week, and I am only four days in but I am liking this menu planning business. Look at what I made for supper tonight:

Still like the Hostess's shrimp bowl best but this is pretty good

It's Shrimp noodle bowl!! Well I ended up with a plateful but the recipe calls it a bowl. You can see the fragrant steam coming off it, full of sesame, garlic and gingery goodness. I have enough for lunch tomorrow. SQUEEEE. Ok this may not seem like much to most people but the fact that I came home tonight, actually chopped, sliced, diced and stir fried is so amazing, such a big deal to me you have no idea. I did not spend ages figuring out what to make. I had all the stuff to make it and dang it I made it. Multiple pats on the bad to me!! Next weeks challenge will be to plan a menu around what is actually in the house. No trip to the grocery store for something.

Tonight I am hoping to get back at the quilting. I have the side panels sewn on and its the right size now, I just need to quilt the side panels and then it will be done like dinner baby. I do have to admit, I am not a big fan of making a quilt that size. Its a lot of material to wrestle with. I was tired after I got all the pieces sewn on.  I have spend the last two nights fiddling around and not really accomplishing much of anything. Tonight hopefully something will get accomplished. I also need to get doing some laundry or it could be a naked work day tomorrow.

 I have a friend coming over for a little knitting help this evening. She is a novice and I am happy to help her if I can. I like to encourage this hobby and it tickles me pink that I can help her out.  So far she has not come up with a problem that I have not been able to help her with. Hopefully tonight I can fix it one more time.

Well I should go and tidy my kitchen before she gets here.

Toodles,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment