Sunday 6 May 2012

Lazy Sunday Update

My house smells like a house should on a Sunday. Oven fried chicken and the caramelized onion and potato flan are baking away in the oven. Two lemon loaves are cooling on the kitchen counter. It smells like food in here.Warm, homey delicious aromas are floating about my kitchen, tickling my nose and making my mouth water. It is the start of my menu planing. Since its just me, I can cook one thing and have it last for a couple of meals. This dinner alone should carry me through to Wednesday, including lunches. Or I can freeze stuff to reheat at a later date. I am in love with the possibilities of this.

So the plan this week is oven fried chicken, onion and potato flan, lemon loaf and greek yogurt for dessert. Then Asian noodle shrimp bowls (not the hostess' shrimp bowls but a different recipe), tossed salad and fresh fruit, and finally if needed, baked ham, hash-brown casserole and steamed vegetables. These meals could run over into next week but that is ok. At least I don't have to struggle to figure out what to make or what to make for lunch. Steel cut oatmeal porridge is in the fridge to be reheated for breakfast with almond milk and craisins. Yum!!!

I need practice at this cooking thing, I need to work on the timing but so far everything looks yummy. It won't matter how it tastes I will be eating it anyway. The plan is to save money not chuck stuff out. I actually enjoyed cooking this afternoon. I got to play with my Kitchen Aid mixer and that always makes me happy.

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment