Friday 25 May 2012

A Good Day

Today was a good day, nothing earth shattering happened, a day of ordinary miracles if you will. It started out as normal.  I got my car delivered to the garage, I managed to run an errand before hand and I still got to work on time. We had lively, interesting, topical debate over coffee this morning. We all did not agree but we all got to have a say and we all shared our opinion without tempers flaring or one person dominating the conversation. It was the  kind of conversation I so enjoy. Timely, interesting, diverse and spirited without temper or hard feelings.

J and I took one of our monthly charity donations to a preschool enrichment program today. Oh it was nice, we were warmly greeted, give a tour and introduced to everyone. We got to watch the children open our parcel and everyone was so thankful. It just made us both feel so good. We got our picture taken with the kids and we were send off with well wishes and urging to come back and visit sometime!! I am really enjoying the little project J and I are doing this year. We are doing a year of giving. Each month we pick a charity or deserving group and we make a donation. We are trying to pick places that are local and do not receive a lot of donation dollars. It has been very rewarding and today was just the icing on the cake. Giving back is a gift to the giver as much as the recipient.

Ladybug's Mom and I  went to Staples today at lunch and ran amok in the stationary aisles. What is it with me and stationary? I love it. I indulged and bought myself some Martha Stewart chalk board labels for my pantry jars. I bought some other labels and some little journals, and other odds and ends. I could spend a lot more on stuff but I really do not need it. No sure why but  I love post-its, pens, clips and paper. Its yummy stuff. Ladybug's Mom is as bad as I am so needless to say we had a very good time.

Then it was back to work, and an afternoon spent with  lots of chatter, lots of laughter and lots of work accomplished. Great fun. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood and we had a lovely afternoon. Before I knew it, it was time to be off to collect the car.  I am so glad that the last of the problems that had my mechanic concerned about the car have been looked after and I can move on to other things. One of these days I have to take this baby on a road trip.Next on the agenda, No Cook Friday. No Cook Friday was a much fun as it always is, we eat, we talk, we laugh. Its the best ending for week. None of us like to miss out on it.

And now the weekend looms ahead, full of promise and possibilities. One other nice thing that happened today is  I got an order of books today from Chapters. Love new books!! More stuff to read. Oh me little heart is a flutter. Its gonna be a good weekend!!

Toodles, Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment