Saturday 19 May 2012

I Are Tired

Well I think I have earned my onions today. I am tired. That sort of bone tired because I worked hard and was productive kind of tired. I even had a nap this afternoon and I am still tired but its a good feeling. I was up earlier than planned this morning thanks to Barky Barkington the dumb dog two housed down. Seven in the AM he started his soulful litany of howling and moaning with staccato barking thrown in for good measure. I was less than impressed as he jolted me out of a rather nice sleep. Long story short I was up at at it long before I intended to be.

Groceries first. I have to say again this meal planning thing is great. I am saving money, not wasting as much and   now I know better, I double check the fridge and pantry before I go so I am not missing things I need or buying what I already have. As I am saving some cash, when I see things on sale, like bags of jumbo shrimp for $8.00 I can pick some up to have on hand for the future. It is one of the smarter things I have started to do. So groceries, a quick search for plants and to Walmart for cat food then home.

After a snack I started in on my garden shed. WHAT A MESS!! I have pictures but the battery in my camera has died to I cannot upload them. I still have a lot of work to do in there. There are many many more things to purge but I have made a great start. Three trunk/tool chest things, wooden bits and pieces, old garden hoses, a ton of general detritus is now piled in the back yard awaiting a trip to the dump. I can walk in the shed now, I can get to the garden tools and I am not tripping over a zillion thing. I took a carload of cardboard to the recycle bins. You forget how many boxes you have for things you have purchased. Next week I am taking the electronic recyclables to the dump. That will free up even more space.

I used to preserve food. I canned all sorts of things, jams, jellies, vegetables, pickles but now I do not. I do not have the place to store it and I do not have a garden. The reason I have brought this up out of the blue is that I have boxes of sealers in my shed. Some of them are old and I will not part with them but there are many many that need to be either recycled or given to someone who would use them. I thought I only had about 4 boxes but I think there could be 8 or more. Yikes. I really have to address this part of me that thinks if one is good, two is great and eleventy million are FANTASTIC!!

There is a chest of drawers out there that seems rather solid. Its filthy and needs some love. I have plans to clean it, paint it and bring it in to the house for storage. Currently I have a little night stand in the front hall and this chest will offer more space for winter things, extension cords, all manner of things. I am going to wait for warmer weather to do it because I do not want to bring it in the house until it has been thoroughly scrubbed and disinfected. I do not need any bugs in my house.

After I was done with the shed I came in and I started to clean up the kitchen.  Why is my kitchen always an unholy mess, why???????? Could someone explain it to me. I seem to be forever cleaning it. Anyway back on topic, i made a batch of laundry soap and I quilted for a while. The king sized quilt is getting finished this weekend for sure!! Right now I need to make some supper but I am blogging instead. I am tired and I don't feel like cooking anything but I don't want to order in because the is expensive and not healthy and I ate out last night, and and and......

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment