Monday 21 May 2012

Mother Nature has a Sense of Humour , the Hag

My legs are not so sore today but I have to admit I was not gung ho about yard work. So I got up, fed the cat, fed myself and then mentally went through the things I wanted/needed to do today. I got the laundry sorted, put some on to soak. Then I made a honey sesame marinade for a pork loin and got it soaking in the fridge. By then it had started to rain. Oh darn (heavy on the sarcasim) I now can't go out and work in the yard. What ever will I do. Hand to head, heavy sigh and all that dramatic stuff.

So I watched some tv, did some crocheting and then decided I should wash the table on the veranda down. The white tiles on it are so dirty they look brown. Pail and rags in had I head out to wash it down. Mid way through the cleaning, the rain stops. Hmmph, there goes my legitimate reason to not pull weeds. Mother Nature what happened to us women sticking together supporting each other??? Nope, the funny lady turns off  the showers and the sky lightens, the day stays cool, I have no reason to sit on the couch. Crap. (I realize I am probably the only person wishing for rain this long weekend.)

So I went out for awhile and pulled weeds, which for me is more like I am yanking the tops off of them but at least it stunts their growth for a moment so the real plants can gain ground. I did that until my back hurt and I could not bend over any more.  I trimmed all the suckers off the big old maple tree in the back yard and I got the little fence put around the Brigadier's ferns. I have half the flower bed looking slightly better. I wish I could get down on my knees, I could actually get something done but I do what I can.  I have decided I need to do a little each night. I would love to dig out the mature plants that I want to keep, work the whole thing up and then just plant the hell out of it so there would be no room for weeds. Hmmm, no money, no man power = not gonna happen, at least at this minute.

Right now I am washing clothes and I am going to spend the rest of the day crafting at something. I hope you all had a great long weekend.

Toodles, Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment