Saturday 5 May 2012

Happy Blogiversary

I missed my blogs first anniversary, it was one year old at the end of April. I cannot believe I have been blogging for a year. The time does slip away on a person. But I am glad I started it, I like to blog, even if no one ever reads it, it works for me.

So its Saturday and I am taking a little snack/blogging break. On Friday I managed to make a menu plan, a grocery list as per the menu plan and then this morning I went and actually bought the groceries. I stuck to the list and only bought two things that were not on it.  I did learn one thing, I need to check the fridge and pantry before the shopping trip, I bought a couple of things I didn't really need to but I came in under budget so I was happy. Cooking will commence tomorrow.

I ran all my errands, and got home around noon. After lunch and a quick tidy up of the kitchen I retired to the sewing room. I slept in a little this morning so I was later getting stuff done this morning than I thought I would be. No matter, armed with my lists and my eye on the schedule, I got it done and got home before it got Saturday crazy.

When I am sewing I usually have HGTV or the DIY network on in the background.  Summer Home and then the Bronson Pinchot Project played in the background filling my head with a zillion decorating ideas and yearning for a cabin at the lake as I worked on the king sized Square Dance quilt. I have the side panels added to the top. I now need to add the panels to the backing and then I can get quilting. Tomorrow I want to cover cushions for a co-worker so I want to get this quilt finished and ready to move to the living room to quilt. Four 22 inch pillow forms take up a lot of space in my little sewing/craft room.

Tomorrow not only will I start the cooking for the week, I need to make a batch of laundry soap. I bought the supplies and made my first batch last June. Almost one year later, the only thing I have had to buy is the bar soap for a couple of bucks. I do ten to twelve loads of laundry in a month as there is only me here, the cat is pretty light in her laundry needs. So for an initial outlay of maybe $12.00 I am still going strong a year later. I cannot calculate what a savings this has been. I have the formula tweaked for the soap so it works for me. It pleases me I am not putting chemicals into the environment, and I am saving money. Not to mention it takes little to no time at all to whip up 5 gallons of the stuff. Oh yeah this will be only the third time I have had to make laundry soap. I get to use my new soap grater this time. My thrift store purchase of a cheese grater to use just for soap makings. Have you spent less than $20.00 for a more than a year's worth of laundry soap?

I also need deal with the shower drain tomorrow. I decided to unplug it on my own, then it did not come apart like I thought it should and then...............long story short the drain is now totally out of the bottom of the shower. I can't get it to go back, I have no idea why? I mean forcing it to come out could not possibly have anything to do with it. Forcing stuff always works so well. Some times I am too much like my Dad for my own good. I wonder if they make shower drains for dummies?? First before I hit the hardware store I need to have a real look at the drain and see if I can save it and reuse this one. I just have to keep in mind to not be rammy as my Mama would say.

Time to get back to sewing, then make supper, I think I will do little to nothing this evening. That sounds like fun to me.

Toodles,
Linda









No comments:

Post a Comment