Thursday 17 May 2012

Catching Up

I have had company this week so I have not had much time to blog. The Nurse and her daughter The Entertainer were here for three days and we had a good time. You forget how much energy and life someone who is 4 years old can bring. The Entertainer lives up to her name, she sings, she dances, she tells stories and she has the best giggle. You could not stay somber in the presence of that giggle. Its infectious. Her eyes dance with delight and her smile just beams. A definite little sparkle, much like her mom was at that age.
One dollar store tiara and instantly she is Princess of the world  AND the sky. Teddy, always a loyal subject is  the best when you need a cuddle. Teddy was a gift from Grandma and Grandpa when she was borned. 
 I got a introduction to some new television this week. I got to see  Bubble Guppies, Octonauts and Max and Ruby. Never saw them before but I had heard of them. I like bubble guppies, Ruby is a little bossy for my taste and Octonauts, well  I don't understand the animals under the water, but its cute. 

My house is usually a mess but this was one I was happy to see. There it is, a delightful mess  as creative energy found a release in crayon and paper.

Pooh Bear came out to inspect the goings on. Yes that is MY Pooh Bear, what of it?......shut up.  I have several stuffed animals in my house, mostly of the pig variety but there are a couple of bears. I learned too that a stuffed pig, a basket and a tea towel plus a little imagination and you have a "baby". A baby who needs naps, time outs and large feedings of soap made from smashed fish or turtles depending on the mood of the cook. Lucky Baby Piggie. he has not had so much love lavished on him since he came to live with me.


So now they are back home, safe and sound and my house is very very empty and a little lonely. The cat is happy as her nose has been out of joint since they arrived. Madam is not overly fond of small children and got in a huff that is still going on even though they are long gone. She is currently shunning me as I type.

So now I have to manage supper tonight on my own, no one to take out or be taken out by. (Sigh). I had best get at it. I plan to spend the evening quilting and maybe playing a little with my new vacuum cleaner.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment