Sunday 27 May 2012

Sunday Stuff

Its been a grey, dull, rainy day here, not the sort of day you would like for a weekend but a good one to be tucked inside doing something you love to do. Its chilly in the house but I am wrapped up in my fuzzy slippers and ratty old black sweater so I am able to resist turning on the heat. This morning I did my usual thing of getting up late, having a lovely breakfast and then I sorted laundry. Once the washing machine was chugging away I got back at covering the cushions for my co-worker. I started them yesterday and since today's weather is craptastic I had a good excuse to finish them.

I rather like the way they look, what do you think? Two of them have a solid purple side, two have the solid green and then all four have the funky floral and all have green piping.  She can mix and match them as she pleases. They are nice and big and squishy. I just hope she likes them.


I had a lovely evening yesterday. Miss Miles came to town . We don't often get to visit face to face as she lives an hour and a half away from me. So last night was a nice treat. She came in and we went out for supper that went to a movie. First time we ever went to a movie together in the near 30 years we have known each other. It made me giggle to find out that she is as anal about getting to the theater in lots of time as I am. We went and saw the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It was a lovely, sweet, easy movie. I recommend it. Then after coffee at Timmies, she had to head home again as she had to work in the morning. We really need to do this more often. 

 I am thinking the rest of my day will be spent either knitting or crocheting as I finish up the laundry. I am washing towels, clothes, sheets, and cat blankets. Its a good feeling to get everything all clean and fresh again. I have my menu planned out for the week and once the washing machine is done I can run the dishwasher. This will mean I will pretty much have washed all that needs to be washed this weekend. Laundry is one of my more favourite household chores. 

Next on the crafting list are I  have Busy's runner to make and Best Friend's quilt to do. Those will get started this week. I will keep posting pictures as I finally got batteries for the camera again. For now I am off to make some lunch then settle into my chair with my knitting needles and enjoy the remains of my weekend.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment