Saturday 26 May 2012

Sharing a Handy Hint

This is not my idea but I saw it on CozyLittleCottage and I thought it was a fabulously simple idea.  I saw it awhile ago and just now got around to making some for myself. So here is this clever idea.

To start with having one of these, or any other four footed fur baby

means you usually have lots of these floating around your house.


Lint rollers are handy dandy items that unless you want to look completely fuzzy and furry all the time.  If you are like me or like most people you loose the wrapper and then what do you with it? They either end up stuck to something or you have a fur covered lint roller in you drawer. Yuk!

Here is the brilliant solution: (Thank You Brenda from Cozy Little Cottage)
Get yourself some of these ordinary tin cans. Empty  them, clean them and save them. Find some pretty paper. I used cardstock from my scrapbooking stash. 


Measure, cut, clue and Voila!!!


Its the perfect place to store your lint roller, it keeps it clean and you don't end up with it stuck to anything you don't want it stuck to. You could not bother with the paper if you wish but I like the look. You could add ribbon , tart it up a bit. You could do whatever your heart desires.

The green one now lives in my entry way for visitors who need to be de-cat haired when they leave. The blue and white one is in the sewing room for my personal use.  I need to make another to take to the office, and one for my bedroom. In my house I could easily put one in each of the spare rooms.
How that cat is not bald I will never know.

So there you have it, a recycling, crafting smart tip that was too good to keep to myself.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment