Sunday 13 May 2012

Sunday Thoughts

I had a good day today. I went to an antique/collectibles sale in a small nearby town with a couple of friends from work. We had a lovely day. I got a candlewick dainty tray, and two pieces of milk glass. They were a little milk jug and an egg cup that looks like a chicken on a nest. I was very pleased with my little purchases. I have not taken pictures of them yet. Just too lazy today. We got home and I had a nap. I love Sundays.

I have my menus planned for the coming week. No need to hop to the grocery store until Friday on pay day. I am rather proud of myself for this. It sure takes a lot of fussing about meals out of my week. I do have company coming this week to stay for a couple of days so meals will have to be flexible. I imagine they will mostly do their own thing as they have other people in town to visit besides me. I am prepared if they have other plans for suppers, I am prepared if they do not. I am feeling a little smug.

The other good news in my life is that I am closing in on finishing the quilt. I am thinking it will be done this week. I can start on the butterfly quilt next week. Somewhere in there I am going to make that table runner for Busy. Not to mention I am going to keep working on the yard. Still have not managed to get it mowed yet but that is first on my list for things to do tomorrow night. Move a couple of ferns and mow the grass. Clean out the shed, dig up the dead bushes, and so on and so on and so on.

Right now I want to finish off my night with the quilt and the last show of Desperate Housewives.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment