Saturday 10 November 2012

What to do on a Snowy Saturday..........Stuff of Course.

We may not have received the big dumping of show that was promised but we definitely got snow!! I take personal credit for our not getting the tonnage of the white stuff as threatened for the simple reason that I dug my shovel out of the shed BEFORE it snowed. Yes, you are welcome, anything I can do for the team.

The Hostess had kindly invited me over to spend the impending snow day with her in her cozy house last week to make  hand made greeting cards. Which we did and it was a wonderful day. I plowed my way over there at 9:00 am this morning with my supplies pared down to the bare minimum, only four bags this time!! Scrapbooking is not the most portable of crafts. We are hearty souls, we scrapbookers. We spent a good part of the day making cards, chatting, drinking coffee and tea and enjoying the fact that we did not have to be out and about in the snow. Wanna see what I made?

I need to add some more embellishments to a couple of them. I could not bring all of my stuff with me, I would have had to rent a truck, the final do-dads will have to added in the seclusion of my own craft room. On the whole I am happy with my days work. The four little cards at the bottom of the picture are ones I am going to start including with my puppet orders or other craft commission work. When you open them my business card is inside (easily removable  with a THANK YOU. I plan to make more but by the time I got to doing them I was running out of steam.

Once I got home I dumped my bags in the kitchen and returned a phone call to Best Friend. We chatted for more than an hour. At which time all thoughts of doing the laundry lost what little appeal they held. Instead  I had supper and then I finished the binding on this:
You may not be able to tell because I have such stellar photography skillz, but there are little Christmas trees all over the background material and the pale green has snowflakes on it. I made this for my kitchen table and I am glad its finished.I am usually a traditional red and green girl when it comes to Christmas but the snowmen are regulated to the kitchen at Christmas time for the most part. The kitchen is blue and blue lends it self to snowmen and now I just sound silly and justifying for no need, so I shall stop, dammit.  I had planned to make this runner right after Christmas last year. Best laid plans and all that. No matter that it arrived 10 months late, it is here, it is completed and I like it. I will share a picture once I decorate the house and its on the kitchen table where its going to live for the season. Snowmen shall be included.

Now I will turn my focus on knitting little mitts for my sweet Ladybug and knitting three red socks to hang on the banister  The socks are another project that was to be done in January last year. Oh my, I am sensing a trend here. I have decided now as I type this that I would like to make another runner for the livingroom. I can already see it. Can't wait to start.

Another thing I need to focus some thoughts on is the ornament that I will inflict on my family this year. I make one every year and I need to make a decision about the one for 2012. I started this in 1999. Hmmm, must get my thinking cap on. Tick tock tick tock.

I have had a lovely day, I expect to have an equally lovely one tomorrow. Right now I am off to rootle around and see what yarn I have on hand for either knitting project. A snowy evening, sitting in my comfortable arm chair knitting socks or mittens, sounds like a lovely end to a lovely day for me.

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment