Sunday 25 November 2012

Sunday Stuff

I have had a reasonably busy and productive weekend which is always good. Its nice to be able to tootle around. doing what needs to be done and getting somethings accomplished. Relaxing and yet being productive. Mine all started on Friday night of course with the No Cook group. We had a lovely supper and then the Banker joined us for coffee and regaled us with tales of her trip to Cancun, Miami and New York. It was a fun evening as always. We really should call ourselves the Giggling No Cook Friday group. Not to mention the funniest thing happened. I had made the Banker a porcupine puppet and she did not even have it out of the bag all the way before the lady at the next table over was demanding to see it, where did she get it, did I make them and sell them. Next thing I new I had money in my purse, her information on a piece of paper and an order for a porcupine and a turtle. I am so aware that I have something here in these little critters that I make but I do not know what to do with it, more than I am doing.

Then it was up EARLY on Saturday to hit Canadian Tire when it first opened. I did not want to get sucked into the crazy crowds of people out pretending they were in the States snapping up Black Friday deals. I did snap up a deal and all I can say is Merry Christmas to me rather early:

New TV and DVD player for my bedroom. Its small and will not take up a quarter of the space that my old one does. I have been wanting to replace the old TV for awhile and this one was on a really good sale. I do not have cable in my bedroom (yet) but I do like to watch the odd movie in bed upon occation.

The J and I went to a craft sale at a local school and I snapped up some Christmas gifts and a cute little snowman pin for myself. We braved Walmart and got some toys purchased for donation to our local Christmas Cheer Board and then we got out of there. I just have no patience for crowds of people anymore. I also do not have the ability that so many people do to be oblivious to the people around you. I cannot ignore the fact that people around me need to get by, continue on their way while other shoppers seem to shop in a self contained bubble. Since you get in trouble for ramming people deliberately with your cart, the judicious thing to do was for us to finish up and get the heck outta there.

After coffee and cookies with J in her new apartment I scooted home to make myself lunch and then get at the butterfly quilt. Well lunch was made but I finished my tree skirt and knit dish cloths instead of working on the quilt. I did get the quilt material organized and decided what colour went where but that was it. I did finish this though:


This is the second thing I have found on Pinterest that I actually did something with. Its a smallish tree skirt and will work wonderfully well on the little tree I set up in the dining room. I need to add ribbon ties to it but other than that its all done.

Last night was the office Christmas party which was fun. Lots of people made it out for the event and the food was lovely. I have not been for a few years so I kicked my hermit prone butt into gear and actually went. I had a good time and made it home again in one piece.

Today I actually got the butterfly quilt on the go and I made very good progress. Its a quilt that is actually shaped like a butterfly. I got the body and the two upper wings done today. I just need to do the lower wings, sew the wings onto the body then wash it as its one of those rag time quilts that has frayed seams.
Here is a sneak peek:

The bottom part of the wings will be a purple colour and the body needs eyes yet but you get the idea Its hard to see in the picture but there is a pink and white strip piece and a pale pink section to the wings, it blends together in the picture.. I will of course post finished pics when it happens. I am hoping to finish tomorrow night. Tonight I need to make laundry soap. I am totally out and I want to spend the rest of the evening knitting. Somewhere in there supper needs to be decided up on produced.

I hope your weekend went well.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment