Saturday 17 November 2012

Saturday Stuff

I had a good day today. I have to admit these last few weekends have been great. This morning was just a picture perfect winter day. The trees were dusted with hoarfrost and looked like a postcard. It was cold but not bitter, just cool.  E and I went out shopping today and then to a little tea room just outside of town for lunch then more shopping, then home by mid afternoon. Sadly she started feeling none too well so we cut our outing short so she could go home and rest.  Once I got home I plopped myself down in my favourite chair, watched some taped stuff on the DVR and did this: I made another sock, now I have a matched pair, well sort of.

Yes, I know  the one is two different colours but I don't care. I ran out of the one red and the one I had on hand was close enough. They are only for decoration. I am going to knit one more and it will match the foot of the second one. I really did not want to go and buy new wool before I figured out it I could knit socks or not. The foot on the second one is a better shape too. Practice makes perfect as we all know. The sock knitting took the best part of the afternoon, I had the cuff mostly knit last night but it does take some time. Its a relaxing way to spend a lovely winter afternoon.

Then I got busy and did this:


Well I did not make this, I bought it a while ago for 40% off and I thought it had potential. I liked the colours and the old worn look of it. When I spied it at the gift shop, I could just see some Christmas greenery in it. Now I am not a flower arranger. I suck at it for the most part but that does not stop me from trying. While E and I were out we hit the local dollar store and I got some stuff. Now my little tool box looks like this:


It may not be the most professional job but I like the results. Now I just have to figure out where the heck I am going to put it for display. I have a small house and its cram packed with stuff so space is limited but I am sure I will figure out where to put my newest creation.

Right now I am going to say good night as I am off to start my last sock. Tomorrow I am getting at the butterfly quilt and then mitts for my Ladybug. Oh I love these weekends. Busy, busy, getting out and about and getting stuff done. Love it.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment