Thursday 15 November 2012

Cleaning, Purging and Socks.....Oh My

Day one of my long weekend of hanging out at home and cleaning. How did it go you ask, well let me tell you. It started off wonderfully lazy and slow with not a lot of cleaning in sight. My office was having a farewell for a coworker at my favourite local gift shop/cafe and I had promised a ride to another former co-worker. She and I decided we would go a little early so we could shop the shop and ogle the lovely things for sale. So I arose late, enjoying the fact that I woke to my own natural clock not the radio blaring in my ear or the neighbours dog barking and howling. Pure Bliss!!!  I lingered abed for awhile, then rose to break my fast and shower. I got onto the computer as I like to do as I have my first meal of the day and chatted with Miss Miles for a while. To my chagrin, I then realized I had to dress and go get my friend. Off we went for shopping and the most delicious lunch. Their Hungarian Mushroom Soup is heavenly. The quiche is super yummy as well. They make mouth watering biscuits, yes I had all three but I refrained from any and all desserts. Go me!!

Once I deposited G back at her house, I scooted home and turned into a cleaning maniac. My living room, dining room and main floor bath are clean, clean, clean. Tomorrow, after a morning of shopping and running errands I will tackle the kitchen and the entryway. Even though I had a slow start I am very happy with the things I managed to accomplish today. Lots of crossing off of the "To Do" list which warms the cockles of my heart.  So what is this you say????

Can't you tell I started to knit a sock?? I have been knitting since before I could go to school and I have never  tried socks. Time I did, not to mention I want some for Christmas decorations (yet another thing I planned to do right after Christmas last year) Sigh.
How about now?? Does it look like a sock now?? Not so much.......... I agree. At least now that it hit this stage I can wrestle the four needles easily, those first few rows are very humbling. Makes me feel like I have a zillion thumbs and no coordination at all.


Ok now you have to admit it is starting to look like a sock. That is my very first turned heel you are looking at and I am rather proud of myself. I cannot finish it tonight as much as I would love to keep going. Its late and I am started to get really rather tired, that is usually a recipe for mistakes. I will be posting pictures of the finished project because I will be ridiculously proud of myself.  So far I am thinking this not the last sock I will be making.

It's good to learn something new once in a while. Once again GO ME!!!

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment