Wednesday 14 November 2012

Purging, Purging, Purging

I replaced the banner at the top of my blog but now its too long, the last one was too short and I have no idea how to fix it. Hmmph. I need a computer savvy teenager to be on call 25/7 for moments like this when I have no clue but I really want to do something.

I did actually do something tonight. That I know how to do but do not do nearly enough of. For a solid hour and 3/4 I purged, sorted, filed, and put away in my craft room until I could see the counter tops. I have a garbage bag of recycle and another of garbage. My household accounts are filed away and the material I hauled out has all been put away. The bill basket that hangs just above my head is no longer a potential decapitation waiting to happen, it has been purged of the hundred weight of filing that spilled over its sides for months. I have not yet got the courage to get into the containers and storage baskets to sort and purge  but for now I am well pleased with the results. I did not take pictures because I have done that several times and I am sure the few that look at this blog are done with seeing the same old same old over and over again. Trust me it looks lovely in here.

I have the next two days off. I took them off with the soul purpose of continuing to do what I did this evening. I plan to spend the time purging, cleaning and reclaiming my home. I want a tidy house for when I decide to start to decorate for Christmas. I cannot tell you how good it feels to sit in the craft room and not be surrounded by clutter and piles of stuff. I have projects that need to be done!! I have to do the cleaning first and then I can settle to the fun stuff once again.

I even got through the magazines!!! Magazines and I have a love hate relationship. I swear they breed in the dark when I am not looking. No matter how many I get rid of , there are always more lurking somewhere. I love magazines, I love to look at them and drool over them and apparently hang onto them. I am getting so much better at the not hanging onto thing. I look and I get rid, I just do not do it often enough ( oh look another recurring theme in my life)  I have a lovely stack to go to the office, some to pass on to friends and the really old ones went into the recycle. I am so proud.

So tomorrow I have a farewell luncheon to go to for one of my co-workers. They are moving on so that will cut into my day but its at my favourite cafe so I think I can force myself to go. :-)  I plan to send the afternoon and evening cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! This house will not know what hit it!! I am woman hear me ROAR!!!!

Minou says:"Just don't touch my chair, I have it just the way I like it, all nice and furry!!"

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment