Monday 12 November 2012

Three Day Weekends are the Bestest

I have had such a good long weekend, I LOVE IT. Card making on Saturday with the Hostess, the Symphony on Sunday with E, then this morning, when I found that plans are always subject to change, change that is sometimes a really good thing.

I lay in bed this morning plotting out my day. Get up, breakfast, shovel the front sidewalk, put away the autumn decorations, then craft until time to go demo the closet for Teddy Bear. I plotted for an entire hour after I woke up because one does not want to rush into these things. Eventually I hauled my butt out of bed, made breakfast, got my gear on and then headed out to shovel. Upon opening my front door I discovered that my neighbour shoveled my sidewalk sometime yesterday. How sweet is that?? A lovely start to the day let me tell you.  They did right up to my door!!! I was thrilled. I may have to bake them some cookies or something. So that was the end of that, I did get the decorations down though. FINALLY!! I zipped back into the house to get crafting.

Teddy Bear called a little later and said her future son-in-law had demoed the closet for her so I did not need to come over for that but I was more than welcome to still come for supper. SCORE!! No work and I still get a free meal out of the deal. A turkey dinner no less. So I had the whole day to do as I pleased and that was just what I did. I made myself another quilted runner for Christmas. It will go in the living room on the long ottoman I have in there. I did not plan to do this today, but its an idea that popped into my head and wanted to be made so I went with it. Sometimes the muse will not be ignored.

I left the housework where it lay and quilted the day away until it was time to scoot out for supper. All in all this has been a really great weekend. I love weekends like this, busy, creative, full of friends and fun times. Now I have two days of work then I am off for a four day weekend.

This upcoming weekend will be more industrious as I have ear marked it for house cleaning and doing some shopping at Superstore. Saturday will be spent with E, we are planning a lunch at a local tea room then shopping at the specialty shops. I am looking foreward to that. I am hoping that by then, I have a handle on the gifts that I still need to get and I can focus on finishing my Christmas shopping.

Well I need to get organized for work tomorrow. I have some emails that need answering and I want to see if Miss Miles is on facebook so we can chat a bit.

Toodles
One very happy and contented Linda!!

No comments:

Post a Comment