Wednesday 7 November 2012

Quiet Night In

I spent the evening quilting. I have not done that for a while and it was so peaceful and comforting. I need that every now and then. I have my puppet orders finished and am actually making a puppet for myself. Well I do have one puppet to make but I have to find the proper wool for it and I have not found it yet. So I decided that tonight I could work on the Christmas table runner I am making to use on the kitchen table. I have had the top sewn together for a while and now it is 3/4 quilted. I love it and can't wait to see how it looks on the table.

I snuggled up in my ratty old black sweater, settled into the sewing/craft room and quilted my little heart out tonight. Watched Nashville, Modern Family and Suburgatory. All in all a very good evening. I cannot quite tell you how I feel about quilting, it is not just a hobby, it helps keep me centered and balanced. I love the quiet repetitive work of the needle. I love taking scraps of material and making something beautiful out of them. It just feeds into so many parts of me. It connects me to my history and allows me to leave a bit of myself for the future. It is a creative outlet and a practical result. Ok I know I am going on and on but too bad, its my blog!! I will post pictures of course once the runner is completed.

I am going to try my hand an knitting sock. I want some to hang in the entry way at Christmas time and they were one of the things I was going to make right after Christmas last year. Well its November and I still have not started. I need to get a wiggle on. Of all the things I have knit, I have never tried my hands at socks. Time to learn something new!! WooHoo!!

I decided to take a couple of days off next week. I need to get my house ready for Christmas, I have a butterfly quilt I need to get done and I just want to have some time to get my house in order. Tomorrow night I am going out shopping with E. A local gift shop/cafe is all decked out for Christmas and we want to go check out what they have. Its one of my favourite places to go. A lovely blend of new and old, antiques and brand new. The Cafe has lovely meals which is a plus as well.

Now I need to go to bed, snuggle in and spend some time with my latest Nora Roberts. I like to have a nice light easy read at times and Nora fills the bill.

I hope all of you had a lovely day!!

Toodles Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment