Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunday And It's Still Snowing

I am seriously hoping that this snow stops eventually. I manages to shovel out the back so I could get my car out today. If it keeps up this silliness I may have to shovel it all over again. I plan to get the front done tomorrow. Winter is well and truly here me thinks.

I did my usual thing today, I slept late and then watched the Remembrance Day Service from Ottawa on television. Each year I think I will go to the local one but I have never managed to get to it. So I sit and get all weepy when they play the Last Post, the Lament and For Those in Peril on the Sea. Yep, me, my box of kleenex and my coffee, a normal November 11th day.

Inspite of the snow, bad roads and chilly weather, E and I did manage to make it to the symphony this afternoon. We both agreed that it was not the best one we have ever been to but getting to listen to world class musicians for an afternoon  is not a bad way to spend some time.  My grade 7 and 8 teacher firmly believed that you learned better if there was classical music playing in the background. I do not know it this theory is correct or not but after two years of listening I acquired a taste for this wonderful music. E likes to go and so its something we can do together.

I should get off the computer and get at the laundry that I did not do yesterday. I should decide what to have for supper, I should do a lot of things but so far all I have managed to do is play on the computer and blog a bit. Maybe I will get a burst of energy and get at the laundry once I actually have some supper.

Tomorrow is yard work and then off to Teddy Bears to demo her closet. That should keep me out of trouble for a while. I have also been invited to stay for supper so I think its a great deal for me. I am hoping the snow  stops tomorrow. We have enough thank you. I have decided, today as well, that I have put off getting new snow boots just a tad too long. When will I learn??

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment