Saturday 3 November 2012

Lovely Linda Weekend

So far its been a lovely weekend and it started on Thursday. Movie night at the Hostess's place. Teddy Bear, the Hostess, Jan and I gathered for an evening of watching The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Hot buttery popcorn, fresh toasted pumpkin seeds and cold drinks were on the menu. It had forgotten how good popcorn is when its made with real butter and salt at home. The movie was great, the company equally so and the snacks yummy. We lingered on long after the movie was over, chatting over tea in the Hostess's cozy living room.

The Friday night was No Cook of course. We went to one of the better restaurants in town to celebrate the Banker's retirement. I love this place, the food looks and tastes like it came right off one of the better shows on the food network. I mean mint leaves and blackberries on the butter pats. Its awesome. I had pecan crusted salmon, baby red steamed potatoes, with a vegetable medley topped with pea sprouts. Yum. After supper we went not to Tim Horton's as we usually do but to the Banker's house for fancy cookies, wine, and coffee and then we laughed it up like we always do. I have yet to end a No Cook night without my sides aching from laughing so hard. It was 10:30 before I arrived home.

The Banker, S and I had planned to head to the big city today for a Costco run and other shopping but Mother Nature pitched a hissy yesterday and we got a liberal coating of heavy wet snow. Roads were crap so after a brief consultation this morning we switched to plan B and had a shopping day around our town. So much fun. Instead of leaving at 8:30 we switched to 10:00 am. I managed to get my dishes done while I waited to hit the stores.

Running the dishwasher is a hoot right now as I have a leaky hose. Running the thing requires removing the kitchen drawers, a basin to catch the drips, turning on the water to the dishwasher and then watching to make sure the basin does not overflow. All of this is preferable to actually doing the dishes by hand. I need to get the thing fixed. I have looked at it and  I know I can't do it. I need a plumber.

Anyway I am moving off topic. We hit the specialty stores at 10:00 am and had the best day. I picked up a few things for Christmas and a few things for myself. (of course).  I will not share everything I bought because some of it is slotted to be presents this forthcoming Yuletide. I will however share some:

What pig lover could leave these precious babies in the store. I had to take both, they would have cried if they were separated and I could not have lived with that. (that is my story and I am sticking to it........shut up)

This little picture is fabric applique and I did think I could have made it but for the price I got it for, I could not, so it came home with me. So did the lovely little owl tree ornament. Owls seem to be my thing this year. I like them.

I also bought this little wrought iron Owl hook for my craft room. (Sorry for the blurry pictures but I am not a photographer.)


I also bought this new clock for my craft room, cheap as chips at Winners. I love the old fashioned look of it I just hope this one keeps time better than the old clock did. It lost ten minutes no matter what you did. Made for some interesting mornings.

I also finally found two skeletons that will look super cool hanging on the veranda next year. 70% off at Michael's and I am a happy bunny. I have wants skeletons for years but could never find the right ones on sale. I was not about to pay full price thank you very much!!

All in all I had a lovely Linda weekend. I enjoy these bumming around days with the Banker. S fits in with us very well and we all seem to shop along nicely together. Fun. fun, fun. Tomorrow I have some chores that really need to be done. The lawn ornaments are still out and the plant pots have not been dumped. The fall decorations look sad in the snow and they need to be tucked into the shed for the winter. I have a puppet order to finish off and the time changes tomorrow. I love it.

Oh yes this has been a very good weekend indeed.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment