Sunday 31 July 2011

where will she sleep now?

Here I sit, fresh out of the shower and basking in the wonderful feeling you have when you are freshly bathed and still slightly damp. My bedding is freshly washed and dried in the sun today so once my hair is dry I am going to slip into bed and into one of my top ten things I love best in the world, clean sheets and a clean me. Bliss.

Speaking of sleeping, there is sad news for Minou, I have finished the log cabin quilt. Its bound, washed and ready to go to its new home with the Carpenter and Busy. Where is she going to sleep now?? I am happy to have it finished. I can now  move onto another quilt. I like having another project lined up when I get one finished. Idle hands are the devil's playground you know. With three quilt tops ready and waiting to jump into the hoops, I will be spoiled for choice.

This week slipped by on me, it was a long, long week and Friday seemed to take for freakin' ever to get here. At last the weekend has arrived and thankfully it is a long weekend. Three days full of endless possiblities. Its been a busy so far. Projects have been attended to, not just the quilt.
The other hours that made up today were filled with the usual household choring, errand running, grocery buying frenzy that usually make up my weekends. It was a beautiful day here so I took full advanage and dried as much laundry as I could on the clothes line. I felt particularly eco friendly today not to mention thrifty. Laundry was done with homemade laundry soap, rinsed in vinegar, all in cold water and dried in the wind and sun. The only other thing I could have done to make it totally earth friendly was scrubbed it all on a wash board but hey I have my limits. I have a wash board but I am not about to take up doing laundry on it full time.

Tomorrow I am off to the lake for the day with the Banker. I am looking foreward to it. There is a wonderful second hand book store there that I adore going to . They have a coffee shop/ craft shop in the back, so you can browse, sip coffee and snarf down the best tarts. Yummy!!!  All while you are surrounded by the creations of local talented people. There are lots of interesting little shops in the park and taking a cruise round the lake is always nice. It will be busy up there but that's ok, all the more fun. I am sure we will find lots to get up to while we are there.

Harry Potter is on TV. I really really would like to have an owl bring me a letter. I think that would be wonderful.


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment