Thursday 21 July 2011

A Blessing and a Curse

Today I took another small step into the world of the present, not the future, the present. I now have a DVR Yikes!!! I have it on very good authority that this machine is life altering. Personally I am tickled, maybe now I will not forget to tape Coronation Street and I will actually get to see it on a regular basis again. I can tape stuff that I would normally not get to see, and this appeals to the TV lover in me to no end. Isn't it pretty?? No....ok moving on.

Yes, yes that is a VCR you see sitting under the DVD player that you can't really see. Stop laughing. I was am still kickin' it old school. I am still taping on vhs tapes but more often than not I will either forget, not bother because it was way to complicated or forget to set both machines and get three hours of blue screen, that's a hoot. After hearing the praises of the DVR sung by all and sundry I took the plunge. My DVR is now my new blessing and I plan to make this mother work!!

Now I will explain the curse. See the VCR, I was going to get rid of it, put the past behind me and move on to the present. Not so fast. I cannot get rid until I get a new TV. My poor TV is so old it does not have all the necessary plug in places for the aforementioned DVR. So the cable guy had to route the DVR through the VCR to get the TV to work. Yeesh. Not so long ago I had given a fleeting thought to the idea of getting a new flat screen. They are a reasonable price and they do not weigh a ton but my TV works just fine, thank you very much. I am supposed to be economizing so I tucked the idea away. Well now I am thinking I need to revisit this idea because my VCR is on its last legs and if it kicks I am hooped. (cannot live without my TV, sorry, I have not evolved that far yet, the TV needs to work so my sanity continues to work)

Ok back to the curse portion of this blog, because the VCR cannot go, the DVR box has to sit on top of the entertainment center. Crap,Crap Crappity Crap, its bigger than the old cable box. This throws the symmetry of the entire top of the entertainment centre off. OMG I may have to curl up on the floor in a fetal position and whimper. This is not good. I am going to have to take deep breaths, calm myself and try to ignore this insanity until I can get the new TV, get rid of the VCR, move the DVR to the proper slot and restore the balance and my world will be right again. I may need to medicate myself. I am not going to tell you how long it took me to adjust to the old cable box being on top of the unit. No point in letting you know the total extent of my issues.

I think I need to go record something.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment