Wednesday 13 July 2011

Finally put on my big girl panties

So Miss Crankypants wore herself out, right now she is curled up into fetal position quietly in a corner, thumb firmly planted in her mouth. "Get over it and Get on with it" took over and today she cleaned up the mess that we made. It feels so good to have finally faced up to it and just got things done, things that should have been done months ago. I did it by myself and for myself because I made the mess myself. I feel like a brace of oxen have been lifted off my shoulders and that is a very good thing. I have already done my happy dance around the living room.

Now I need to move foreward, get myself back in line, get back to work on my health and well being. I need to really embrace being thrifty and frugal to make sure things stay on track and don't spiral out of control again. I need to practice what I preach is what I need to do. I need to stay healthy, both financially and physically because I have only me to look after me. Trust me, the cat is not going to go out and get a job, she is above working for a living, so unless I find a man with money to keep me in the style I would like to become accustomed or I win the lottery, I need to be serious about looking after me.

I thank God for my friends who are understanding and supportive. I thank God for finally learning a lesson, even though I really did know better already. I thank God that I can move foreward now and I don't feel stuck in the muck and mire of my own creation. Sometimes hitting a brick wall is the only way to make yourself smarten up.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment