Sunday 3 July 2011

Sunday Stuff

This has been a wonderful weekend. The weather has been beautiful, sunny, warm but not horridly hot. I did little to nothing on Friday. It was a lazy day and I took full advantage of it. I slept in, made a lovely breakfast, puttered around the house, drank iced tea on the veranda, watched dvd's. The Friday Night No Cook Club met for supper then we watched the fireworks from the Banker's deck. It was a lovely evening.

Saturday I was up early, ran some errands, did some housework, got groceries, looked all over town for two colours of dishcloth yarn and could not find either one, Drat. I hacked my way through the waist high weeds and uncovered my air conditioner. I washed the bedding and hung it outside to dry. I fixed my new mattress cover. It had that cheap and cheesy gauze stuff on the sides, while the top was thick and quilted and perfect. The second time I straightened it on the bed the gauze ripped so I fixed it. I went a bought a white fittled sheet, trimmed off the gauze and then sewed the quilted top onto the fitted sheet. Now the mattress cover stays in place and the sheets stay on the bed. The rest of the time was spent working on the afghan I am knitting for myself and working on some of my quilts. I started another new quilt top, that makes 4 quilt tops made, one half done, one not yet started and none of them quilted. Yikes.

Today did not go at all how I planned but that's ok, it went better. A thunder storm woke me up at 7:00 am and I could not get back to sleep. I watched an episode of the Tudors and fell back to sleep until around 10:00. I woke up feeling like a drunk person. Sluggish and grumpy. Teddy Bear called while I was still stumbling around half awake and pitching the laundry down the stairs. She invited me over for coffee and muffins so without a second thought to the laundry, I went.

We had a lovely chat and I got to have a good cuddle with her brand new grandson. I also got to enjoy her older grandson, they are both wonderful boys. Coffee, muffins and little boys perked me right up. We nattered away, ate, drank coffee and the morning slipped by before we knew it. We even managed to do a little shopping then she headed home and so did I. This was so much more fun than what I had planned. Housework or time spent with a good friend, its really a no brainer/ :-)

When I got home I should have just hauled the lawn mower out of the shed and got at the yard work but so far this afternoon I have managed to talk myself right out of it. I have finished the quilt top I started yesterday. Its all pinned together and its all ready to start quilting. (I can't show pictures yet but I will later). I am washing clothes and trying to think of what to make for supper.

I think I need to have a little nap and then make supper. Yep that sounds like a totally solid plan to me.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment