Sunday 10 July 2011

Sunday Stuff



Below, the thing that looks a little like a giant white jelly roll, well, that is the completed bumper pads for the grandbaby. Mommy called this morning and gave me the pertinent info so I could get on with them. I am very happy to have them finished. I have been slow at getting them done, like a lot of things I have promised to do lately. So scratch this puppy off the "to do" list. Now I have an excuse to go a visitin'. I need to deliver the bumper pads and the baby quilt.



The pillow shams are quilted, bound and finished. Another item to scratch off the "to do" list. Whoot!! I even manages to get a  couple of dishcloths knit this weekend. All in all I think it has been a productive one.



 The church quilts are next.   I did not get the back made for my Happy Squares quilt ( yes that's it's new name because it makes me happy to look at those squares of colour) but its for me and I can wait. Quilting the quilt to match the pretty pillow shams I made this weekend is almost in the works. I can quilt on it and finish sewing the tops for the church quilts at the same time. I have one top started and the other one is currently living in my imagination but it will become reality once I get the blue and grey one done and ready to quilt.

Soon I need to get back at making puppets. I only have 18 on order but they do not have to be done until September. I would like to get them out of the way  as I will need to start thinking about things that need to be made for Christmas.

I was late getting up this morning, I stayed in bed and read for quite awhile before I hauled my carcass up and downstairs. Laundry got done this weekend and that was about it for general housework. I have to say I am rather please with my homemade laundry soap. It seems to get the job done as well as the other soap I was using. You have to spray the tough stains but I had to do that with store bought stuff. It is way cheaper, easy to make and I think I will do it again. I need to get some proper containers to store it in but that is easy enough. I feel so very frugal and earth friendly when I use it.

I have high hopes that I will get the dishwasher emptied before the end of the day. Only because the dirty dishes are taking over the kitchen sink and are begging to be stored in the dishwasher. The kitchen looks a pig sty with dirty dishes all over.  I suppose I should make some sort of supper between now and then as well.

I am off to do something, not sure exactly what. Supper, dishes.............oh the excitement!!


Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment