Sunday 24 July 2011

Sunday Stuff (with a little Saturday thrown in)

Saturday was a cold day. A very fallish day, cold, wet and windy so I decided that it was a perfect day to work on the quilt. After doing the usual running of errands and house work my thoughts turned to quilting. Minou had retired upstairs for her usual day long nap on my bed so I was free to get to work without the snoopervisor butting in. I got things set up, tv onto a good movie, ready to begin but I needed a glass of water. By the time I got back from the kitchen this is what I saw on the sewing table. WTH???  What is it with this cat and this quilt??

I lifted her onto the floor, flipped the hoop over to work and in seconds this happened

I gave up and started to quilt. In no time things had progressed to this, she is entirely under the hoop, my arm is resting on her back. Just to keep you up to speed this is a cat that normally does not like to be held or snuggled in any way in which you have her pinned down. Unless you are trying to quilt a log cabin quilt apparently then you can totally hold her down and all she does is purr.


She did get up when I had to move the hoop but only repositioned her self back in the same space, head facing the other way


This is the response I got when I informed her she was being a pain in the butt and she should take her little self back upstairs where she belonged. She flopped over into belly rub position. I scare the hell out of her that is for sure. She is totally afraid of me.



Yes  I am scratching her chin, because I am a total marshmallow and she knows it. Hmmph.

I finally gave up and left off quilting. She stayed here for two more minutes then hiked herself upstairs and napped on my bed. I think she is going to be heartbroken when this quilt goes to its proper owners or maybe she just doesn't want me working alone. I have no idea.

Oh yes, remember these, $2.00 each at last weeks garage sale

I recovered them today. They look much better and will now take their place in the craft/sewing room. I need to patch the corner of on of the chair backs but I need to get the right glue.

They look much better don't you think?

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment