Thursday 7 July 2011

I don't wanna be a grown up!

There are days when I don't wanna be a grown up. I don't wanna face up to the mess I have made and I so want somebody to come and fix it for me. I am not so far gone that I don't know that this is not going to happen. I am the grown up, I am the one who has to fix things, face facts and reality, blah, blah, blah, that's just the way it is. I still don't have to like it though. So for the moment my inner child ( Miss Crankypants) is running amok and having the mother of all temper tantrums. She'll get tired eventually and give up and then the "get over it and get on with it" portion of my fractured self will take over and clean up the mess. Sigh,  I really would like to just sit down and have a proper good weep but that ain't gonna happen.  I know what has to be done I just really, really, really don't want to do it and having a cry about it is not going to change the outcome at all.

Ok before this entire entry turns into a complete pity party, table for one, I shall move on. I did manage to almost finish a secret project. Its rather nice to finally have something almost done. One more night of work on it and it will be complete. This I am going to start on the quilt for the Carpenter and Busy. I am excited to get to working on it. Its beautiful 100 % cotton so quilting it will be lovely. That one I will be able to share with you and post pictures.

Tomorrow is Friday, my favourite day of the week. The weekend is almost here. Lets hope Miss crankypants is done with her tantrum by then and I can get back on track.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment