Sunday 31 July 2011

Sunday Stuff

Oh I had such a good day today. The Banker and I hit the road at 10am and did not get back until after 5pm tonight. We spent the day at the lake/resort about an hour from where we live. We hit some yard sales on the way, which resulted in some bargain finds. We shopped the local shops, checked out the weekend flea market, strolled the beach, ate lunch, had ice cream, rooted round the second hand book store and topped off the day with a stop at the hardware/liquor/butcher store. You gotta love small towns :-)

The yard sales were the best for me. I got a queen sized bed frame for $10.00!! I am dancing, I was thinking I'd have to buy new and it would be around the $100.00 mark so I gots me a bargain. It looks like it has all its spare parts too. Whoot.  The other major score was a vaccum cleaner trunk/ottoman with a hinged lid. It will be perfect for my red spare room. A little trunk to store a spare blanket and a place for company to put their suitcase on while they are visiting. $5.00 and it doesn't need to be recovered!! Just a really good cleaning and it will be perfect, perfect, perfect.

Me and my sore knees are going to be soooooooooooo happy to get the bed up off the floor again. The real surprise will be to see if I get it set up tomorrow. See the sensible thing to do would be to start to remove the carpet when I put the bed frame down. I am going to totally redo my bedroom one of these days soon, paint, new carpet, but the room is stuffed with furniture and the carpet is so old I shudder to think what is living in there no matter how much I cleaned it.

Actually the really sensible thing would have been to yank out the carpet before I set up those three huge heavy book cases I put in there earlier this year but apparently I was not that sensible. Or I could have removed the carpet before the new bed arrived, again not so sensible. So I should take out the carpet under the bed tomorrow. The carpet has to be removed in sections, its old and the backing has crumbled and its a mess. Thankfully there is another older carpet under it so if you cut it into sections, roll it into little jelly rolls and stuff it into a rubbermaid tub, you can haul it down the stairs and out to the dumpster by yourself. The other sensible thing would be to have the new dust ruffle made ( that matches the curtains and the quilt currently on the bed) to put on the box spring while the bed is apart. I have not done that yet either even though its been on my to do list since I got the new bed. I need to widen my quilt as well. Sensible with the bedroom renovation has been sadly lacking on my part. I can see the bed frame getting set up on the old carpet and much cursing on my part when I have to move everything to do the carpet removal at a later date. Sigh.

Ok bed frame purcased, bedding to be renovated and updated now all I need is a head board. I am on the hunt for one. I will know it when I see it. I would like something antiquey looking but antique and queen sized don't usually go hand in hand. Oh well, I have been so lucky with the bed and the frame the headboard will happen. I just have to be open to it.

Now I am off to shower the sun screen, sweat, dust and dirt of this happy day off of me, rounding off the evening with a spat of knitting before bed. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend too!! Tomorrow is still another day off, BONUS!!!

Linda

1 comment:

  1. That particular home hardware is my favorite one ever! Good luck with the bedroom renos!
    (Valerie)

    ReplyDelete