Tuesday 12 July 2011

Knit Night

Not much exciting happening around the old homestead at the moment. I spent most of last evening sewing on the blue and grey church quilt top. Now I have remembered how to sew the patches together its going along swimmingly. It's over half finished. Whoot!! I'd like to have it done by the weekend.

Tonight I am going to a local coffee place and I will be spending some quality/productive time knitting with some new friends. Its Knit Night. I feel like the grandma of the group because most of them are young 20's and early 30's but its fun to spend some time with people who like what I do. Not to mention I go get to pass on a little wisdom to the one's that are learning, give a helping hand, pick up a dropped stitch or two, decipher a pattern. All this makes me feel useful and wise.

I am going to take my harvest colours sampler afghan with me. I bought the kit from Mary Maxim long ago and I have finally started it, once I was ready to take a break with the puppets and  after I found three different colours to replace the ones that I didn't like. I pulled out the teal, purple and blue and added two shades of brown and a cream. The colours now match my livingroom. Its an easy knit, a trinity stitch and a ribbed stitch. I can chat and follow the pattern with minimal attention to detail.

I do have a basket weave baby blanket that I am itching to start  and I thought about taking it but until I get going on it I need to give it my undevided attention as I need to memorise the pattern before it goes out in public. I have knit one already and its tucked away, waiting for a special baby but I want to make another to tuck away for another special baby. ( No special babies yet but I have great hopes for the future)  I like to be prepared. The wool is sitting in my basket and calling my name. I have enough UFO's in my house at the moment it would be madness to start yet another project. So shut up in there, I will get to you soon enough.

The last time I went to Knit Night. I was making swiffer mop heads so the afghan will be a much more impressive project to show off. Must let the little ones know I actually practise what I preach.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment