Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wednesday already

Oh who am I kidding, this week has been dragging its little butt and taking its sweet time. Feels like forever since it was the weekend. Oh well, having a giant sizes gin and tonic at a local watering hole has made my day a whole lot better.

I am not given to slugging back cocktails mid week as a rule but it was a work thing. We are saying good bye to my favorite person to work with. Its sad to see her go. She is wonderful at her job and a dream to work with. We work in teams, with several different people but you are a team covering your portion of the caseload, and of all my teams she is the best. I am just going to be sad for forever once she is gone. We took her out, wined and dined her, had some laughs, told some stories and generally had a great time. Gin and tonic AND creme brullee, pretty much heaven to me.

The log cabin quilt is almost half quilted. I should have it finished on the weekend. I am so happy to be quilting again after such a long break. It's a dream quilt to work with. It would be so much easier to work on if I could convince the cat to stay off it while I am trying to quilt but she loves to nap on it. Only when I am working on it, no other time. Apparently being annoying is half the fun of the nap.

Well I have not a lot to say for myself today. Its cooled off finally and that is a blessing. I have all the windows open to get some fresh air in here. The basement.......... well to be honest it stinks. It had water in it this summer and its not like I could go mop the water up. The floor is not concrete, well not totally so its got a damp moggy smell. Since the house has been closed up and I have been running the air for several days, you can really smell it. I need to come up with some idea as to how to get that smell out.  Sigh...... I have no idea what to do with it.

This weekend I hope to recover my new sewing room chairs. I will post pictures.

Have a good one.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment