Sunday 17 July 2011

Sunday Stuff

Well if my yesterday was wonderful, today has been measuring up quite nicely, thank you. I love Sundays. That was not always the case, I used to hate them, I always thought if I ever decided to do myself in it would probably happen on a Sunday, that is how badly I disliked the day. Thankfully I decided to stop being so melodramatic, and changed my attitude about the day of rest. Now I love them and this is how I like it to happen:
  1. Sleep in and wake on my own, not to the sound of an alarm clock.
  2. Read for awhile and maybe even fall asleep again
  3. Get up, make my very favorite breakfast, bacon, eggs, toast, hash browns, juice and coffee
  4. Watch Coronation Street as I munch down breakfast
  5. Shower and dress for the day
  6. If it nice, drink more coffee on the veranda, if not, sit in my favorite chair and finish my coffee in front of the tv.
Once this is finished I am ready to start the day. It is now usually noon or 1:00 pm. Sunday afternoons are totally reserved for doing whatever I wish to do. Sometimes its a chore, sometimes its shopping, sometimes it crafting the day away or reading a book. Today it was crafting. I got to do all the six Sunday steps of the morning, then I hit the local fabric store, got some quilt batts and I did find some black vinyl for the new chairs. I came home and cleaned up the kitchen, started the laundry and then I got to work on this


I have finally started to quilt this. I do have proper quilt frames that my Dad made for me years ago but they take up so much room in my little house that I prefer to use hoops and sit at the sewing table and work. I have been happily stitching away for the afternoon, only stopping to have a nap, make supper and then do a spot of blogging.



Minou finds the quilt very nap worthy. Baby girl has good taste.

I could use a lot more days like the two I have had this weekend but because I know they don't always work out this well, I savour them all the more.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment