Wednesday 26 September 2012

UFO's Have Taken Over My House

Before you get all panicky or start thinking I have lost what little mind I have left, I am not talking the little green men kind of UFO, the Un Finished Object kind. They are everywhere. I have always sort of known that they lurked around every corner but with my usual pigeon hole style of ignoring things I do not wish to think about, I have pushed them off to the blurry edges of my reality and gone on my merry way. However tonight as I am doing my impression of a cleaning maniac, I have had to acknowledge them, stare them in the eye, gasp in horror and hang my head in shame. Blargh!!!! I need to get this under control.

So what do I do when I have to make a plan, take charge, win back some sense of normality? Well I made a list. (Surprise!!) then I pinned it beside my computer on a very teeny bulletin board I have and I have promised myself that I am going to start working on these things after Thanksgiving and I am going to get them under control. Unfinished projects mean stuff piled up waiting to be used, which means, mess and clutter and I am determined to purge my house of as much of this as I can.

I don't know if its the coming of fall or what, but I want to get things organized, purge out the crap and make it look tidier. Tonight I have been cleaning, I have been going like mad and it still is not done but I am gaining ground. I finally got that little metal cabinet that rode around in my car for a week and a half, put into the spot I wanted it to be in. It works well because now the odds and ends are hidden behind a door.

Yes I know its a cupboard sitting in front of another cupboard but I need the storage space right now and the little cabinet is very easy to slide out of the way. The things in the other cabinet I do not use a lot and its on the list of places to get purged. I had a three tiered metal table thing here but I have moved it into the living room. I will show that in another post.

I love this little cabinet. I will in time paint it and put new handles on it. I think I have the perfect one in my stash of door handles. It came from the home of a dear friend and I will treasure it. It holds a multitude of sins.

So I cleaned tonight, I was a whirling dervish. I whirled, I dervished, and still I am not done. Crap. I had hoped to get off work early today, I did lunch duty but with a meeting and people coming and asking for stuff, I could not get away. I am hoping now to get away early on Friday.  On the up side I may not have gotten off early but I have got the laundry finished. I have also managed to fill a garbage bag with junk from the laundry room. I have 3/4 of the kitchen table cleared off and I made my UFO list. Now I am having a break and once I am done this I will tackle the  dishes. I have gathered some things to take to a charity shop for donation and I have a load of recycling to go out. Not bad but it could be better.

I have taped Modern Family and I will for sure be watching that before I go to bed. I love that show. I was late coming around to watching it but its one of my favourites now. Well my break must be over. I need to hit the dish pan then watch Modern Family, hang up the laundry, make the spare bed and then go to bed myself.

Piece of Cake!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment