Saturday 8 September 2012

Home From The Lake

I am back from my five days a J's cabin and I loved every minute of it. Its so quiet and peaceful up there after the long weekend. Most people have left the lake by then, I swear there was maybe one or two other people in the area I was. You could heard the bugs outside when you were in the cabin. So quiet, so restful,

I did not do much reading, maybe a chapter in one book I took with me. I think the very best part of my day was morning coffee out on the deck, in my jammies, looking at all these lovely pine trees, and listening to the squirrels chitter at each other

Autumn is starting to make her presence known and the air is starting to cool. My kind of weather, my favorite season. Coffee out here never tasted so good. Ah it was bliss, every morning.

I may not have read but I did work on some crafty things, I took my sewing machine with me and happily spent some time sewing to my hearts content.

Its a baby quilt that I have been commissioned to make. Funny, this is a job I have been hired to do but it sure did not seem like work

Its all quilted I just need to bind it and it will be done. I can then move on to making the bumper pads. I love the bright blue/green colour combo. I did some knitting as well. I worked on some dish clothes and started a baby blanket I have had the wool for for a long time. I just love this pattern. Not your traditional baby colours but I like it. Oh if you want to see these pictures in more detail  you can click on them to see a bigger version.


I watched lots of DVD's, took in the local shopping, drove to a neighboring town for lunch at a lovely little gift shop. I met the Hostess for coffee and a lovely local coffee shop/ book store. I could live in this place. Great coffee and wall to wall books. Its my kinda place. They have a gift shop with local artisans crafts for sale along with some fair trade stuff. I eyed up some dishy baskets but managed to leave them behind. I have lots of baskets.

I also spent some time and money in my favourite hardware store/liquor mart/home decor/grocery store. Literally you walk in and the first aisle is booze, then paint, then home decor and right across from that is groceries. It cracks me up every time I am in there but I always manage to buy something. I got some folk art votive holders that I forgot to take a picture of. I have a fondness for folk art so they had to come and live at my house.

I should have called some friends while I was at the lake but I forgot my book of phone numbers at home and so no one got a call. I feel bad about that. I hope to make it up to them. So now I am home and I have another week before I have to return to the real world of work. I have some stuff I want to get done around here.

Right now I need to deal with the disaster that is my kitchen. All the cabin stuff came in yesterday and got dumped, and has been ignored since then. I take everything with me that I can so I am not using anything that is J's. Me being me I take way to much. So now all that needs to be returned to its normal place, laundry needs to be done and the groceries need to be put away. ( yes I am hiding in the sewing room, hoping the mess will take care of itself. Not the mature way I know but a girl can dream)

I have no plans for today, just deal with the cottage mess, laundry and maybe bind that quilt. The longer I sit in here the more overwhelmed I feel so I need to yank up the proverbial boot straps and dive in. Where is a good house elf when you need one??

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment