Tuesday 25 September 2012

Good News and I Like It

Since I have one person who reads this blog faithfully and is a tad put out when I don't blog regularly I will try to be a bit better at it than I have been recently. However my entertaining anicdotes are sometimes few and far between but I will do my best. Let's see what exciting things can I tell you. Oh yes, I just finished stuffing my face with one of my favourite  snacks. Triscuit Nachos. How do you make them you ask, well I will tell you. Put triscuits on a plate, top them with a small piece of marble cheese, heat in the microwave for 1 minute. When they come out top with salsa, yummy!! Would  be very nice to say this is my one guilty pleasure but its one of many. I like them because they are fast, easy and ever so tasty.

I had my visit with the Hostess. We had a lovely evening. She is still sorta fresh out of the hospital after surgery so she is not quite ready to do a lot of running about. We made a trip to the drugstore and then home to her place for tea and chatting. It pleases me to no end to see her doing so well. The doctor has said all the right things, all prospects look good and that to me is an answered prayer. It is a joy to see her moving towards her old self, slow and steady, mind you, but definitely on the good path. By the time I got home from seeing her I did not feel like doing a dang thing. How much of a surprise is that???

I did do a load of laundry, set another to soaking and watched the elimination night of Dancing with the Stars. Like I said on Wednesday I will turn into a house cleaning maniac but for now I am doing my best slug impression.

Lady Bug's Mom called me tonight. She is home right now, taking it easy and devoting herself to baking up another grandbaby for me to declare as mine. I could not be happier. She is having some troubles right now and had to take things easy but so far so good and I for one have all my fingers and toes crossed that things stay positive. Nightly prayers are offered up that this little peanut stays put and grows stronger and bigger each day. She tells me she is feeling better and that is music to my ears. I have know for awhile about this good news but could not share until now as you do. All in all there has been some seriously good news this week. I like it when things go well.

Tomorrow is Wednesday already. Housecleaning will be number one on my list. Since I am having company this weekend I cannot let this slid any more. Best Friend will not care but I will.  The living room is half decent but the rest is .............well...............a disaster.

I did manage to get the cabinet out of my car that I bought last weekend from H's mom. Its now in the kitchen. Needs to be in the laundry room but its in the kitchen. Hey, that's major progress, its only been riding in my car for a week and a half!! I apparently do not like to rush into things.

So I have to clean the house, quilt Busy's table runner and rearrange my laundry room. Piece of Cake. I have  one evening this week and a few next week. Should be able to manage it. I will keep you posted!! Try not to get too hyper with all this action!! Its not good for the blood pressure.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment