Monday 24 September 2012

Multi Tasking or Just Nuts

I worry about myself some times, I actually caught myself tonight, crocheting an afghan while watching Dancing with the Stars, while checking Pinterest while talking on the phone. I almost gave myself a headache.   I do things like that too often, I have about four to six things going at one time and I cannot really do any of them. Sometimes I wonder if I have a bit of a problem with my attention span.

Anyway, Its been awhile since I did a blog post. I have been getting back into the routine of working after my vacation. I had a busy weekend, that included a trip to the Big City to see a local theater production of Little Women, then supper out and back home. I love doing things like that, its so much fun. Its always good to spend a day with good friends. Now its back to work. Funny how the free days go so fast and the work days seem to drag.

Busy week this week as well. Tuesday night I am off to spend a bit of time with the Hostess, then Thursday night I have a retirement party to go to, Friday night is No Cook and then Best Friend should be here for the weekend. Don't know when I am going to get the house cleaned. There are season openers on tv and I cannot tape everything, I don't know which direction to go first. It will all get done, it always does. I will turn into a housecleaning maniac on Wednesday.

I almost have the table runner done for Busy. I would have been farther along with it but I misjudged the material and I ended up about 6 inches short of the main colour. This would ordinarily be no big deal but I bought the material more than a year ago and in another province. Crap. So running out to get a bit more was totally out of the question. Crap, crap, crappity, crap!!! (Insert much swearing, head banging and teeth gnashing here). Thankfully I did have some extra of another colour so I think I have saved the day. Oh I hate when I do stupid things like that. I have the top all sewn together now I just need to get it quilted. I need to kick that into gear as I want to take it to her at Thanksgiving. I will post pictures once it is all finished. I really like this paper piecing technique. I bought a book on it when I was at the Peebles Girls Reunion. The place we were has a fabulous quilt shop. I could have gone broke in there no problem.

Fall has arrived. I know that because I am wearing my slippers and my ratty old black sweater in the house. My lawn is a carpet of leaves and Mother Nature has brought out the best party frocks for the trees. I love autumn, I like the colour, the smell, pumpkins, apples, spice and the nip in the air. I may have to crank on the furnace once Best Friend gets here. Its not nice to make your friends turn blue. I need to get my fall decorations out and dress up the front of the house.

Well I need to get back to Dancing with the Stars, my afghan and then head for bed. I hope your weekend was wonderful.

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment