Tuesday 11 September 2012

Being Stubborn Can Be Expensive

I am my Father's daughter. I did not inherit his easy way with people but I did inherit his stubborn streak. A fact that I proved again today. I started to paint the shed. I cannot afford to replace the shed so I am thinking a coat of paint will make a  lovely change. I decide I can spray paint it, its metal it should be easy. I buy spray paint. The paint says primer first, I say "nonsense", Did I mention I was stubborn. Really at my age I should know better. You may be already figuring out where this is going.

So here is the shed, in all its ugly brown glory. I am going to replace the door when I have the money because it is done so for now ignore it. I am also ignoring the roof at this time because it is covered with sap from the big maple tree and dirt and all manner of gunk. It needs to be pressure washed then painted. For now it is being ignored. Ugly shed...........


I painted the north end, without primer and used way too much of my paint and it still looks blotchy. Instead of going for primer, I wasted paint and am now kicking myself for it. When I finally broke down and went for the primer, the place is out of the colour I was using. I will need to run around town and find the colour if I can because so far I have half the shed painted and I am out of colour. Its ok though, I am made of money!!
Argh

It makes a difference though, blotchy or not. I did go and get primer, and it makes a difference. Who knew, the really sad part was I would have had nearly enough colour to finish the shed if I had just used primer to start with. I am such a child at times.  I still need to do a second coat of the colour but I am happy with it. I had hoped to get farther along than I did but (a) I ran out of colour and am too lazy to run around town looking for more and (b) it way to windy today to be painting with a spray can. I did get two sides done which is better than nothing.

Once the doors are replaced and painted a nice white or maybe another colour I have not decided yet it is gonna look nice. Once I do the second coat on the side panels it will look so much better. I want to get numbers to but on the shed as we are supposed to have our house address on the back as well as the front. I am seeing a mosaic tile project in the future. :-)

Tomorrow morning I will go for more paint, and hopefully get some more done on it if the wind has gone down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment