Thursday 27 September 2012

Farewell to the Regional Big Guy Boss Man

Our regional director has retired, the big guy, the boss boss has moved on. So we had a little send off for him tonight at the local golf course restaurant. It was a lovely evening. I am thinking there was probably 100 or more people gathered to eat, drink, laugh, make speeches, sing songs and bid him a fond farewell. It was a nice night.

The food was good, just finger foods but very good none-the-less. Cupcakes and fruit for dessert. The speeches were just the right length and not too many as to have everyone wanting to bang their heads against the tables. Just enough. His last farewell speech was perfect, just long enough, funny and sentimental in just the right mix. He got a standing ovation from everyone for a job well done, for being a fare and just boss and just all around good guy. I hope we get someone as reasonably good to replace him.

So that was my evening. My weekend plans have changed. Best Friend's plans have gone astray so she will not be coming until October now.  I no longer have to panic that things in the house are not as they should be. As much as I would love to have seen her, I have many things to do that will be done easier now that I will have time to actually work on them. Busy's table runner for one and all. I will actually get it quilted now and ready to take with me for Thanksgiving. Maybe I can start some of that purging that I have been itching to get at.

Another down side to her not coming is I need to do some grooming on my cat and I was looking foreward to having another set of hands to hold onto her. She has a mat of hair in a rather delicate space, so she is not going to take kindly to me snipping at her. Oh well I will have to man handle her on my own. Should prove to be a fun time for all. She will be loving me again like she did the day I washed her feet. Poor baby.

So I suppose I can kick my feet up for the rest of the night. I do not need to be running about all bat shit crazy trying to do everything at once. I kinda like that idea. It does not take much for me to abandon housework for a night in front of the telly and my knitting on my knee. I'm funny that way

Toodles,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment