Saturday 1 September 2012

Ready, Set, Vacation!!!

Almost packed, almost ready to hit the road, lists have been checked and rechecked. Things have been added, subtracted, and fussed over. I love this time, its the start of everything, the beginning, all the days lay ahead of me. 18 days of no work. I am not gong to be gone the whole time but I am getting away for a few days and I am feeling just a little like a child at Christmas.

So at some point tomorrow I shall hit the road and have some time away. BLISS. I have the use of a friend's cabin and I shall love every moment of it. I have tons of dvd's, cd's, books, magazines and crafty things to devote myself to. I look foreward to sitting by the water and just soaking up that sound, smell and sight. I love to be by the water. It has a visceral effect on me. A cabin by the water would be a lovely thing to have. J's cabin is not water front but it is still lovely and peaceful to be there.

I am first off going to spend an evening with the Nurse and the Entertainer. I am so thrilled they invited me to come and stay. We will have supper, I will spend the night then head to the lake on Monday. I have not seen their house. I think we will have a grand time. I am headed there tomorrow sometime.

I still have to finish the laundry, do the litter box, take out the garbage, finish packing, load the car, get gas, stop at Michael's for yarn ( since Zellers has no idea what the heck a SALE is!! Hmmph) and then hook up with the Hostess to give her her turtle puppet. Busy busy before I get to leave.

Zeller's is selling out their stock. Store wide liquidation!! So I went for dish cloth yarn the other day. Thought I would stock up. HA!! The stuff was on sale at 10%, too bad the regular price was a dollar more than any other place in town. So the piddly little 10% still had it more expensive than regular price elsewhere. Hense the trip to Michael's before I leave town.

Well I hear some serious rumbles of thunder. I need to check to see if the rain is coming in the windows. I will be back as I can over the next few days. Not sure where I will be or what I will be doing.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment